Monday, May 16, 2011

Yesterday @ Lake Issaqueena:

Yesterday, Allen & I took the metal canoe out to Lake Issaqueena....Allen has been chomping at the bit to get the boat wet. Mainly to see if he will be able to handle the boat with his foot or not. I am proud to say to he did fine.

We had a great time...the weather was nice.

We paddled around for a little while and when I say "we" I really mean Allen. I don't do hardly any of the paddling. It's just not my thing, not to mention that I have no upper body strength...so Allen gets to have all the fun. (hehe)
We did have a little scare once, we hit a tree stump that was under water and it made the boat almost tip over...I was afraid that we were going to get really wet.
I asked Allen if he thought that he'd still be able to swim now with his foot injury and he said that he's sure that he'd be able to safe himself, if he had to. I'm thankful for that.

Scott (Allen's brother from another mother) came and I let him have my place in the boat for a while. They seemed to have a good time. Although Scott caught a fish and Allen didn't.
I sat on the dock and enjoyed the quiet time. It was so relaxing....I needed that so much.

Hopefully we will go again really soon.

No comments: